When using our website, the British Council may collect personal information about you. Such personal information will be collected and stored in the United Kingdom.
The British Council will use the personal information that you are providing to it for the following purposes:
· establishing a customer relationship and to communicate with you;
· processing the sale of materials purchased by you from the British Council;
· supplying you with the materials purchased by you from the British Council;
· preparing statistical information and research in relation to the materials offered by the British Council;
· meeting any disclosure requirements imposed by law or regulatory authorities on the British Council; and
· fulfilling any other directly related purposes to those listed above.
In addition, the British Council may also use and disclose your personal information for promotional or marketing purposes (including direct marketing) to send you promotional materials in relation to any new market intelligence reports or related products or services. If you do not wish to receive such promotional and marketing materials from us, uncheck the box above titled ‘I would like to receive British Council News and updates’
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you consent to the British Council using the information that you are giving us where necessary for the legitimate business of the council.
Under UK Data Protection law you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you, for which we may charge a fee, and the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate information. If you want more information about this please contact your local British Council office or the data protection team email@example.com.